My photos comprised the majority of photos in Live at the Masque: Nightmare in Punk Alley. My photos were used for all the covers, backs, interiors, and booklets for the 3 CD set, Live at the Masque, produced by Exene Cervenka of X.
You can see footage of me whipping lead singer Tomata du Plenty, when the Screamers performed, December 16, 1977. The intro thumbnail is my gorgeous black and white image, which someone colorized with bright yellow background. Urgh. Many of these images are NOT color corrected.
I photographed the following, in chronological order:
- The Masque October 15, 1977 and
- Photographed local fans and the Germs, November 23, 1977.
- Last official public night, January 17, 1978.
- The Masque Benefit at Elk’s Lodge, February 24 and 25, 1978.
- The Masque at the Whisky, March 5, 1978.
- Offstage at the Screamers performed at the Stardust Ballroom, July 3, 1978.
- Press Conference after the St Valentine’s Day Massacre, March 18, 1979.
Ok, if you want the real story that I saw and photographed, you’ll check out my Punk Pioneers Podcast and Photos.