- I turn to Art to deal with today’s stress, pressures, aloneness and alienation.
- Plus creating art, using the latest digital tools, brings joy to others, and connects us to people who appreciate us.
- Plus many ops to make money or contribute to worthy causes with creative, tech skills.
- How often do you get a chance to hear and see how and why Art is made?
- Be inspired and have fun too at DreamingBig.Academy
Jenny Lens, BA (CSUN), MFA (CalArts), Dean’s List, exhibited art prior to photography. Most published early west coast punk photographer, first gen, 1976-80. “Punk Pioneers,” from Rizzoli/Universe, solo photo book. Passionate about animal rights, environment, Bernie, art, old movies, reading. Prefers swimming and walking to punk shows. Prefers Broadway and Classical to Punk. Documented purely cos this vital cultural revolution was exciting. Slash mag and the people involved were so much FUN!
Misses the freedom and fun, camaraderie and joy of live shows, before commercialism and high cost of living took hold. Misses Claude Kick Boy and Joe Strummer. What would they say now? Loved the fashions, makeup and creativity, which now are commonplace everywhere. We were the radicals. WE changed the world’s visuals and sounds.
Taught computer apps and design at UCLA, SMC and computer training centers. Creating online classes for solopreneurs and creatives: photography for bloggers and fun, ecommerce, web design, legal issues, licensing, merch, content, healing, personal empowerment and more. Benefits of tech and lifelong learning emphasized. For fun and profit. And a fun community. Yes, FUN is a large component of creativity and life. Teaching and making art. My life.
I always called myself “an earth mother hippie punk” … now “bad ass alpha bitch, legendary punk photographer” … all terms others have given me, as terms of endearment and empowerment!
Please refer to a cool interview by Alice Bag. I also posted MANY interviews and blog posts about my wild punk past.